Announcements – 3/14/2016
- IF you are a senior and would be interested in an apprenticeship program next year, please see Mrs. Martin in the CCC. You would work and attend school in the program with a Louisville Corporation. At the end of the program you will have earned a 3-year Associates Degree.
- On Monday, March 14th, a representative will be here from Clariant Chemical Corporation at lunch to discuss apprenticeship opportunities for seniors. This is a full-time PAID opportunity, which will result in a degree upon completion. Please visit the table at lunch for more information.
- Juniors and Seniors: Ring and Graduation order packets can be picked up in the Media Center. You can also order online at www.kayanabalfour.com. The cost of cap and gown will go up $10.00 beginning in January and $10.00 more each month.
College and Career Announcements
- Ford Assembly Plant in Louisville has summer employment opportunities available for students that will be 18 years old by May 1st. Pay is $15.78 per hour for 20-30 hours per week. Please see Mrs. Martin in the College and Career Center if interested.
- Ivy Tech Community College in Sellersburg is hosting a Dual Credit Transition Night on Tuesday, March 15, from 5 – 7 pm. Students will learn more about financial aid, how to use dual credit, admissions, and academic programs.
PRIDE and PBIS Announcements
- PBIS is having a College Rival Day. Students may contribute any amount of money to vote for teachers who have volunteered to wear their rival schools gear on Friday the 18th. This begins on Monday the 14th and runs through Thursday the 17th. Jars will be set up at all lunches. Students may also pay $1 to wear appropriate PJs on Tuesday the 22nd. You can pay at lunch beginning the 14th through the 17th. See the Pride table. Students must wear the sticker provided to wear their Pj’s!!!!! No Exceptions!
- Students qualifying for our Zero to Go NCAA March Madness event at Clucker’s can purchase their tickets at the PRIDE Store beginning tomorrow and lasting through next Wednesday’s lunch. The cost is $10.00. This is a reward for all of you with perfect attendance, no discipline referrals, and no Fs! Just our way of saying “thanks for showing your PRIDE through hard work.”
- Cookie grams will be on-sale through Wednesday March 17. Spend a dollar to show someone you care and help us fund our PRIDE rewards program at the same time.
- Our PRIDE quarterly drawing will happen on Friday, March 19. For 5 yellow tickets, you can take a chance on winning season tickets for Kentucky Kingdom. You have to play to win!!
- The men’s golf season officially starts today. The first golf practice is today at 3:30 at Elk Run, rain or shine.
- On Wednesday – March 16th, Nathan Wolf from EF High School Exchange will be here at lunch to talk about Foreign Exchange student programs. Please visit Nathan at lunch for more information.
- The National Honor Society is offering tutoring to JHS students, starting now. We will not have a big gathering, where everyone meets after school on Wednesdays or whatever, but rather each tutor will contact each tutee to set up a time and place — this can be during impact if the teacher’s consent, or after school, or whatever works. If you have a student who needs tutoring, have them fill out this form or have them type in http://goo.gl/forms/eFMQi2QGOJ or have them scan one of the QR codes on our posters in the cafeteria area.
- Want to gain community service hours? High School students are needed to partner with Northaven Elementary students to help create fun video’s, assist with service projects and help host and judge talent events. Please see Ms. Martin in the College and Career Center if interested.
- The Eighth annual Prom dress/suit give away will be March 19th, from 9:00am – 6:00pm. This will be held in the Community Building at the Clark County 4-H Fairgrounds 9608 Hwy.62 Charlestown, Indiana. Dresses and suits will be given away to any area high school student. Donations of gently used dresses, suits, shoes and jewelry are now being accepted at any Southern Indiana NuYale Dry Cleaners or the Clark County 4-H Extension Office until March 1st. Please tell either location that they are for the Clark County Junior Leader Prom Aid. Thank you NU-YALE DRY CLEANERS for cleaning the prom apparel and the STORAGE STATION for the use of a storage unit for this project. Questions, call Nora Abbott 502-644-3371 or Ann Branstetter 502-759-6823
- Start saving your pennies for the annual Pennies for Patients Impact Contest! This year—because of a new partnership—the winning Impact group will receive a catered lunch from The Olive Garden! Boxes will be provided to each Impact room this week. Every penny counts—and dollars are good, too! The contest runs through the end of this quarter—good luck!