- Chamber Choir will be performing a concert tonight at Trinity United Methodist Church in New Albany, 2796 Charlestown Road. The concert will feature three choirs from Southern Indiana, Jeffersonville, New Albany and Floyd Central. Each group will perform three individual selections and then combine to form a mass choir with the church organ accompanying. It will be a wonderful concert! JHS Chamber Choir will be performing one of Eric Whitacre’s newest arrangements for choir, Lux Nova, Hark I Hear the Harps Eternal by Alice Parker and If Music Be the Food of Love by David Dickau. Admission is free and the concert begins at 7:00 pm.
- The buses for boys’ and girls’ track will be leaving at 3:30 today. Don’t be late!
- The Jeff High Teen Republicans will meet in room A204 after school today. A representative will be attending this meeting so please be sure you are there for this important meeting.
- Any student interested in the elections for president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary & 8 executive officers positions for the 2016-2017 school year, the candidate packets are available outside of C115 & B106 and in the media center. Candidate packets must be completed by April 27th. The election is set for May 19th-20th. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Molnar C115 or Mrs. Bronson B106.
- Tickets are now on sale for the JHS Theatre FRINGE Festival show, INTO THE WOODS, to be performed April 28-30 at 7:30 pm and Sunday, May 1 at 2:30 pm. Tickets are $5 for students and senior citizens and $10 from adults and may be purchased from any theatre student or by contacting Mrs. Miller or Mrs. Zell.
- This Thursday, April 14th, the GCCS Automotive Technology Program will host an open house at our facility in the Charlestown Industrial Park (101 Industrial Way). We’ll have the facility open and students available to show off new equipment and tell folks about this program beginning immediately after school until 7:00 pm. Food will be served from 5-7 so please come have dinner on us and learn about this amazing option for our GCCS students. Questions or directions, please call Becky Ramer at 502-295-2980. Please help us spread the word to families who may be considering career and technical options for their students.
- Students interested in working the polls for the May 3rd primary need to see Mr. Condon E 121 for more information. Must be 16 and have a 3.0 average to participate.
- Anyone interested in trying out for Cheerleading for the 2016-2017 season, please see Mrs. Niemi in A-101 for a tryout packet. Tryout packets are also available in the front office as well as the athletic office. Cheer clinics will be held on April 18th, 19th, and 20th from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. in the Aux. Gym. Tryouts will be Thursday, April 21st from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. in the Aux. Gym.
PRIDE and PBIS Announcements
- Wednesday, the PRIDE Store will reopen and you can buy a cookie gram for someone at JHS. Maybe a friend, a teacher, a custodian, or a random somebody that never smiles would appreciate that cookie gram so buy one and make someone’s day!
- The Quarterly Drawing will be dedicated to the prom. With 5 yellow tickets, you can win a prom package for a girl, for a guy, or dinner. You don’t even have to go to the prom to win the dinner for 2 at Olive Garden.
- If you have questions or need more details, stop by the PRIDE Store. The PRIDE Store is open Wednesdays during all lunches. You can also use some of those yellow tickets you have been saving.
- Jeffersonville Optimist Youth Foundation Scholarship is due on April 15; applications are located in the Counseling Office.
- Please be sure you have ordered your cap and gown; nearly ½ of you have not done so. You can order online at www.kayanabalfour.com. Also if you moved in the past year please notify the front office, your counselor or Ms. Perkowski so we have the correct address for you. As it gets closer to the end of school, information will be mailed home regarding upcoming events.
- For those of you working towards earning the Work Ethic Certificate – Please turn Community Service Forms in to Ms. Martin in the College and Career Center no later than April 15th. Blank forms can be picked up in the Career Center or in the Counseling office.
- Congratulations if you are still on track to earn the Work Ethic Certificate – please keep in mind that Spring Break would be a great time to fulfill your 6 hours of Community Service. Documentation for the hours can be turned in at the College and Career Center.
- Ford Assembly Plant in Louisville has summer employment opportunities available for students that will be 18 years old by May 1st. Pay is $15.78 per hour for 20-30 hours per week. Please see Mrs. Martin in the College and Career Center if interested.
- IF you are interested in an apprenticeship program next year, please see Mrs. Martin in the CCC. You would work and attend school in the program with a Louisville Corporation. At the end of the program you will have earned a 3-year Associates Degree.