- PROM TICKETS GO ON SALE STARTING MONDAY, APRIL 18. Tickets are $45.00 each and will be sold during lunches all next week.
- JHS Theatre presents… Star Wars Movie Night (Friday, April 15, 2016) @ 6:00 pm. $5 Donation – Snacks available for purchase for a $1.
- 7th period, Please excuse the following debaters that will be participating in our league finals tomorrow, (Friday). Please release them after taking attendance, we leave school at 2:00 pm.Mikayla Palmerone, Suyash Uppal, Josh Waddell, Jacob Carr, Autumn Webster, Hailey Thomas, Emily Bahan, Nicole Gomez, Juan (Johnny) Hernandez. They will be responsible for making up any missed work. Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience.
- Any student interested in the elections for president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary & 8 executive officers positions for the 2016-2017 school year, the candidate packets are available outside of C115 & B106 and in the media center. Candidate packets must be completed by April 27th. The election is set for May 19th-20th. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Molnar C115 or Mrs. Bronson B106.
- Tickets are now on sale for the JHS Theatre FRINGE Festival show, INTO THE WOODS, to be performed April 28-30 at 7:30 pm and Sunday, May 1 at 2:30 pm. Tickets are $5 for students and senior citizens and $10 from adults and may be purchased from any theatre student or by contacting Mrs. Miller or Mrs. Zell.
- Students interested in working the polls for the May 3rd primary need to see Mr. Condon E 121 for more information. Must be 16 and have a 3.0 average to participate.
- Anyone interested in trying out for Cheerleading for the 2016-2017 season, please see Mrs. Niemi in A-101 for a tryout packet. Tryout packets are also available in the front office as well as the athletic office. Cheer clinics will be held on April 18th, 19th, and 20th from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. in the Aux. Gym. Tryouts will be Thursday, April 21st from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. in the Aux. Gym.
- JHS Boys Track Team won a big one last night! If you have one of our track boys in class, congratulate them on a job well done. We travel to Evansville for the Indiana-Kentucky Challenge tomorrow.
- The JV Track Team and a few other upperclassmen were defeated 83-49 by Floyd Central on Monday . If you have any of the following student-athletes, please pat them on the back. Being junior varsity, they are not always recognized for their efforts but I am proud of this young team.
- Amanda McKinney – 2nd in Discus
- Olivia Robinson – 3rd in Long Jump
- Mariah Owens – 3rd in Pole Vault
- Noelle Gray – 3rd in 100 Hurdles
- Tamia Todd, Jhamia Hunt and Larrisa Roseman finished – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the 100
- Jakara Lane, Amirah Daugharty, Madison Otto – finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Nahomi Velez and Stephany Estrada – in the mile
- Kennedy King – 3rd in 800
- Tamia Todd – 1st in the 200
- TRI KAPPA Scholarship deadline has been extended to April 18th.
- Please be sure you have ordered your cap and gown; nearly ½ of you have not done so. You can order online at www.kayanabalfour.com. Also if you moved in the past year please notify the front office, your counselor or Ms. Perkowski so we have the correct address for you. As it gets closer to the end of school, information will be mailed home regarding upcoming events.
- Ford Assembly Plant in Louisville has summer employment opportunities available for students that will be 18 years old by May 1st. Pay is $15.78 per hour for 20-30 hours per week. Please see Mrs. Martin in the College and Career Center if interested.IF you are a senior and would be interested in an apprenticeship program next year, please see Mrs. Martin in the CCC. You would work and attend school in the program with a Louisville Corporation. At the end of the program you will have earned a 3-year Associates Degree.
- Attention baseball fans or anyone looking for something to do cheaply!! For one yellow ticket, students can get a chance on winning a set of 4 tickets to a Bats game at Slugger Field. We are giving away two sets of tickets. One set is for Thursday, April 21 and the other is for Saturday, April 30. That’s right, only one yellow ticket is all you need to play so stop by the PRIDE Store tomorrow or Friday. The drawing will be held Friday after lunch. P.S. these tickets are compliments of Mr. Shrebtienko. Thanks Shreb!!