- Students who are interested in attending the LAN Party on Friday, May 20 need to have money and permission slips turned in to Mrs. Cook in B210 by THIS Friday. The price will go up after this week. The LAN Party will be held in the Cafeteria and Commons area on May 20 from 6:00 PM – 6:00AM. For slips or questions, please see Mrs. Cook (B210) or Mr. Kimbell (B203).
- Need a Summer Job? Greater Clark County Schools and Work One will be having a Job Fair on Monday – May 23rd from 4-7 in Johnson Arena at Jeffersonville High School. Students, parents, and the community are welcome to attend!
- There are several new job listings posted in the window of the College and Career Center – check it out at lunch!
- Key Club officers –this year’s and next year’s—will meet today after school in A113.
- Friends of Rachel will meet Thursday after school in A113. Officers will be elected during this meeting.
- JHS Poetry Contest entries are being judged. Winners will be announced as soon as the results are finalized. Thanks to all of you who entered!
- University of Kentucky will be offering a FREE ACT Preparation Workshop on Saturday, May 14th on the U of K Campus in Lexington, KY. Admission fee will also be waived at this event. If interested, please see posting in window of College and Career Center or visit your counselor for more information.
- 2016-2017 Student Council applications are now available outside C115, B106 and the media center. The applications are due May 26th.
- Ford Assembly Plant in Louisville has summer employment opportunities available for students that will be 18 years old by May 1st. Pay is $15.78 per hour for 20-30 hours per week. Please see Mrs. Martin in the College and Career Center if interested.
- If you purchased graduation invitations please see Ms. Perkowski in the Principal’s office to get your invitations.
- If you think you have perfect attendance for your high school career, please notify your counselor.
- Please be sure your address is correct in PowerSchool as important information will start going out regarding graduation.
- TOP SCHOLARS: You need to get your RSVP turned into Ms. Perkowski ASAP. The event is this Sunday, May 15 at 1:30.
- SENIORS: Please be sure you have ordered your cap and gown; nearly ½ of you have not done so. You can order online at www.kyanabalfour.com. Also if you moved in the past year please notify the front office, your counselor or Ms. Perkowski so we have the correct address for you. As it gets closer to the end of school, information will be mailed home regarding upcoming events.
- If you are a senior and would be interested in an apprenticeship program next year, please see Mrs. Martin in the CCC. You would work and attend school in the program with a Louisville Corporation. At the end of the program you will have earned a 3-year Associates Degree.