Dear JHS Parent/Guardian and Student:
- If your student is on track to get an Academic or Technical Honors Diploma, they must create a Scholar Track account at https://scholartrack.che.in.gov/.
- This is a new tracking system for the state to determine if the student is eligible for any financial aid incentive related to the honors diploma. Schools will verify diploma types and GPAs after graduation, using this system.
- 21st Century Scholars will already have a Scholar Track account and do NOT need to create a new one for the honors diploma.
- Please have your student create an account by May 1st. It must be a STUDENT account, as a Parent account will not allow us to verify diploma types and GPAs for your student.
- Reminder: The GCCS School Board voted in 2017 to move to a Laude system for the Class of 2020. This means that a group of students with exemplary grade point averages will be recognized, instead of a valedictorian/salutatorian system. There will be three levels of recognition based on increasing GPA – see below.
|Cum Laude||4.0 – 4.4 9|
|Magna Cum Laude||4.5 – 4.99|
|Summa Cum Laude||5.0 +|
- Junior College Fair will be held on Thursday, April 11th during school hours. Every junior will have the opportunity to visit the college fair before lunch and meet with college admission representatives.
- Junior Ring and Recognition Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, May 21st starting at 8:30 am in Johnson Arena. Parents are welcome to attend.
If you have any questions, please email your student’s counselor.
Business and Entrepreneurship – firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering and Manufacturing – email@example.com
Health Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Service – email@example.com
JHS Counseling Team
For a PDF Copy of this information, please click here Junior Info Letter 2019