- There will be a very brief Model United Nations meeting after school today in Mrs. Felix’s room to get a group picture and pass out certificates.
- The winter art show reception will be after school Wednesday December 7th from 2:30-5:30 in the Media Center.
- National Honor Society will be meeting after school on Thursday in the cafeteria.
- Friday, December 9th is the Blood Drive from 8am-2pm at JHS. Students can sign up with Nurse Garrison during lunch or in the health office before or after school. Students 15 years old and younger may not donate blood. 16 year olds may donate with a signed parental consent form (see Nurse Garrison). Students 17 years and older may donate without parental consent. PARKING IN THE FRONT LOT ON FRIDAY WILL BE VERY LIMITED. The buses will be pulling into the slots closest to Allison Lane. The slots facing JHS will be the only open spaces.
- Students stop by the PRIDE Store this week or next to take a chance at winning a 39 inch Smart TV with built-in ROKU, a $100 gift card to Foot Locker, tickets to Lights Under Louisville, or tickets for our downtown ice skating rink. All you need to do is spend 5 yellow tickets and you could be a winner! The PRIDE Store is also offering some holiday bundles that include all-sports passes, t-shirts, and pizzas so stop by during your lunch period today through Friday, Dec. 16.
- There will be an informational meeting next Monday at 2:45 in the cafeteria for any boy who wants to be on the track and field team. If you plan to be on the team, it is important to attend.
- AWC/Key Club tutoring meets after school on Mondays and Wednesdays in A113. Need Help? Join us! We have lots of tutors waiting to assist.
- SENIORS: Balfour will be here on Friday, December 9th during all lunches to take orders for class rings, graduation announcements and cap and gowns. Diplomas are being ordered in January, you need to be sure your name is spelled correctly and with all the punctuations, what is in PS and/or your birth certificate will be what appears on your diploma.
- Seniors, there are lots of scholarships available to help you pay for college next year! Log into your Naviance account to see all the scholarships available or stop by the counseling office for more information.
- Seniors, if you have questions or need help completing your FAFSA, we’re hosting a FAFSA workshop this Thursday, Dec. 8th from 2:30-6:00p.m. in the JHS Media Center. Bring your parent/guardian and your 2015 taxes and stop in anytime during that time frame. Your counselors and a professional from INvestEd will be here to help you with any questions!
- Seniors, the Community Foundation of Southern Indiana scholarship application is now available! Complete your application online and don’t forget to send the counselor request form. Your application isn’t complete until you’ve sent that request to your counselor. Deadline is Jan. 31st by noon (12:00p.m.).