Announcements – 8/23/2016
- Trip to Cuba mid June of 2017 meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 23 in C104 at 6:30 p.m.
- JHS Ultimate Frisbee team will be having a meeting Wednesday right after school in room D105 for about 20-30 minutes to talk about fall season and paper work. If you cannot be there see Coach Dennis in D105
- There will be credit recovery after school TODAY.
- Pep-It-Up Club is having a meeting TODAY after school in Mrs. Piazza’s room, D223.
- 2016 Football Homecoming Signup’s will begin on Monday, August 22nd to Friday, August 26th. Students can sign up with Ms. Bronson in B106, with Mrs. Molnar in C115 or in the Devils Den during lunch. Voting will open on Wednesday, September 7th and close on Thursday, September 8th. Students will need to bring their ID and a picture with them when signing up. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Bronson or Mrs. Molnar.
- Any student interested in joining the Kiva Club- an international non-profit that uses microloans to combat extreme poverty- should go to Mr. Hawkins room C223, on Wednesday, august 24th at 2:40.
- Are you a future filmmaker or budding artist? Are you looking for money for college? If you’ve answered yes, then you don’t want to miss out on the Better Business Bureau’s Student Video & Poster Contest. We are looking for creative high school students to submit a short video or poster that conveys the theme of TRUST. Scholarship money is awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, as well the People’s Choice Winner! Submissions will be accepted through October 7th. For more information: http://www.bbb.org/louisville/programs-services/student-contest/. Entry packets can be picked up in the Counseling Office.
- There will be an informational meeting Monday, August 29th at 6:30 pm in Ms. Herd’s classroom for those student/parents who are interested in visiting South Africa June of 2018.
- If you would like to nominate your teacher for showing JHS Pride, fill pick up a yellow nomination form at the bookstore and drop it in the Golden Apple box when you have completed it! Two teachers’ names will be drawn each month based on YOUR nominations!
- Now would be a good time to check PowerSchool to be sure your name is spelled correctly and to be sure we have the correct address. The name listed in PowerSchool is the name that will appear on your diploma. Important graduation information will also start being distributed and we need correct addresses of parents and/or guardians. If you have changes please see Ms. Perkowski, in the Principal’s office.