Announcements – 8/25/2016
- Speech & Debate Team will meet after school today until 4 pm in the Media Center.
- Card Club is meeting in the cafeteria this Friday after school instead of the Media Center.
- 2016 Football Homecoming Signup’s will begin on Monday, August 22nd to Friday, August 26th. Students can sign up with Ms. Bronson in B106, with Mrs. Molnar in C115 or in the Devils Den during lunch. Voting will open on Wednesday, September 7th and close on Thursday, September 8th. Students will need to bring their ID and a picture with them when signing up. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Bronson or Mrs. Molnar.
- Fashion Club will be meeting this Friday, August 26, after school in Room F139. If you are interested in joining, please see Mrs. Anderson in Room F139.
- There will be an informational meeting Monday, August 29th at 6:00 pm in Ms. Herd’s classroom for those student/parents who are interested in visiting South Africa June of 2018.
- Picture Week for all students begins next week. All seniors will have their photo taken on Monday, Aug. 29. Please dress to impress for your final picture of high school! Juniors, sophomores and freshmen will have their photos taken on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday through their English class. Check with your English teacher for your class’ photo day!
- National Honor Society applications have been distributed to juniors. If you received an application, it is due to Mrs. Romans or Mr. Kimbell by 3:00, Friday, September 2nd. If you did not receive an application and think you should have, see Mrs. Romans, in room A201, by the end of the week.
- Attention High School Students: Are you a future filmmaker or budding artist? Are you looking for money for college? If you’ve answered yes, then you don’t want to miss out on the Better Business Bureau’s Student Video & Poster Contest. We are looking for creative high school students to submit a short video or poster that conveys the theme of TRUST. Scholarship money is awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, as well the People’s Choice Winner! Submissions will be accepted through October 7th. For more information: http://www.bbb.org/louisville/programs-services/student-contest/. Entry packets can be picked up in the Counseling Office.
- If you would like to nominate your teacher for showing JHS Pride, fill pick up a yellow nomination form at the bookstore and drop it in the Golden Apple box when you have completed it! Two teachers’ names will be drawn each month based on YOUR nominations!
- Now would be a good time to check PowerSchool to be sure your name is spelled correctly and to be sure we have the correct address. The name listed in PowerSchool is the name that will appear on your diploma. Important graduation information will also start being distributed and we need correct addresses of parents and/or guardians. If you have changes please see Ms. Perkowski, in the Principal’s office.