Announcements – 9/7/2016
- FCA would like to invite everyone out to See You at the Pole on September 28th. The event will be held at 7am at the front flag pole. See You at the Pole is a national event. Come join us.
- The Debate team will be meeting today and tomorrow right after school in the Media Center. Debaters please try and make at least one of the meetings.
- Homecoming voting will open this Wednesday morning and close Thursday at 3:00. Homecoming court will be announced Friday afternoon. Voting for king & queen will take place September 19th & 20th and announced at the homecoming game September 23rd. Any questions, see Ms. Bronson or Mrs. Molnar.
- Young Republicans will have a meeting today right after school in room A204.
- Attention High School Students: Are you a future filmmaker or budding artist? Are you looking for money for college? If you’ve answered yes, then you don’t want to miss out on the Better Business Bureau’s Student Video & Poster Contest. We are looking for creative high school students to submit a short video or poster that conveys the theme of TRUST. Scholarship money is awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, as well the People’s Choice Winner! Submissions will be accepted through October 7th. For more information: http://www.bbb.org/louisville/programs-services/student-contest/. Entry packets can be picked up in the Counseling Office.
- If you would like to nominate your teacher for showing JHS Pride, fill pick up a yellow nomination form at the bookstore and drop it in the Golden Apple box when you have completed it! Two teachers’ names will be drawn each month based on YOUR nominations!
- Now would be a good time to check PowerSchool to be sure your name is spelled correctly and to be sure we have the correct address. The name listed in PowerSchool is the name that will appear on your diploma. Important graduation information will also start being distributed and we need correct addresses of parents and/or guardians. If you have changes please see Ms. Perkowski, in the Principal’s office.