Announcements – March 3
- If you received a special Invite to attend the IUS ‘Next Steps” campus visit, please turn your permission slip in by tomorrow or you will not be allowed to go.
- If you are and would be interested in an apprenticeship program next year, please see Mrs. Martin in the CCC. You would work and attend school in the program with a Louisville Corporation. At the end of the program you will have earned a 3-year Associates Degree.
- DON’T FORGET! The FAFSA deadline is approaching many schools set March 1st as a deadline however the state deadline is March 10th. The Holt scholarship and the Jeff High Multi Scholarship Application are due by 2:30 on Tuesday March 1st to Ms. Duke in the Counseling office.
- Ring and Graduation order packets can be picked up in the Media Center. You can also order online at www.kayanabalfour.com. The cost of cap and gown will go up $10.00 beginning in January and $10.00 more each month. Balfour will be here on Friday, March 4th.
College and Career Center Announcements
- Ford Assembly Plant in Louisville has summer employment opportunities available for students that will be 18 years old by May 1st. Pay is $15.78 per hour for 20-30 hours per week. Please see Mrs. Martin in the College and Career Center if interested.
- Ivy Tech Community College in Sellersburg is hosting a Dual Credit Transition Night on Tuesday, March 15, from 5 – 7 pm. Students will learn more about financial aid, how to use dual credit, admissions, and academic programs.
- Want to gain community service hours? High School students are needed to partner with Northaven Elementary students to help create fun video’s, assist with service projects and help host and judge talent events. Please see Ms. Martin in the College and Career Center if interested.
- Ms. Siebert is sponsoring a student trip to Costa Rica in the fall of 2017. This gives parents plenty of time to save up. There will be an information meeting on March 9, at 6:30 in room C104. Bring your parents.
- The Media Center is closed all week for testing. Please do not send students down.
- The Eighth annual Prom dress/suit give away will be March 19th, from 9:00am – 6:00pm. This will be held in the Community Building at the Clark County 4-H Fairgrounds 9608 Hwy.62 Charlestown, Indiana. Dresses and suits will be given away to any area high school student. Donations of gently used dresses, suits, shoes and jewelry are now being accepted at any Southern Indiana NuYale Dry Cleaners or the Clark County 4-H Extension Office until March 1st. Please tell either location that they are for the Clark County Junior Leader Prom Aid. Thank you NU-YALE DRY CLEANERS for cleaning the prom apparel and the STORAGE STATION for the use of a storage unit for this project. Questions, call Nora Abbott 502-644-3371 or Ann Branstetter 502-759-6823
- Perspective. It’s defined as a particular attitude or point of view. It is also the name of the 2015-16 JHS yearbook. The yearbook will remain on sale for $45 through the month of February, and all buyers will gain entry into the Yearbook Signing Party during sixth and seventh period in May. However…there are a limited amount of yearbooks remaining for sale. If you do not buy a yearbook in February, you will not be guaranteed entry into the celebration of the year! So don’t delay and buy your book today!
- The National Honor Society is offering tutoring to JHS students, starting now. We will not have a big gathering, where everyone meets after school on Wednesdays or whatever, but rather each tutor will contact each tutee to set up a time and place — this can be during impact if the teacher’s consent, or after school, or whatever works. If you have a student who needs tutoring, have them fill out this form or have them type in http://goo.gl/forms/eFMQi2QGOJ or have them scan one of the QR codes on our posters in the cafeteria area.